Hello everyone! I’m back with another great recipe for you today.
Let’s talk about what makes a great sandwich…
The most important thing is the BREAD
What an amazing food. Whole wheat, high fiber bread is your best bet. My favorite bread for a sandwich is one that is whole wheat with lots of seeds and even nuts. It adds an extra crunch that’s really yummy. You can pick whatever bread you like though!
Sauces are the bomb.com.
I’d highly recommend picking a spread you like, whether it be a spicy mayo or even creamy caesar dressing. These flavors add so much more flavor.
The order of the ingredients matters
Make sure you don’t place wet ingredients directly on the bread, especially if you’re saving it for later. For example, put lettuce before you place your tomatoes. Put down your cheese before everything else maybe. This will keep your sandwich fresh and crisp for longer. It may be better to bring your sauce with you on the side if you’re bringing a sandwich for lunch. Totally up to you!
Here’s the BLT&A!
I’m still vegetarian; I don’t use regular bacon! Morning Star sells some great vegetarian bacon that I highly recommend. You can always use real bacon, or some alternative like turkey bacon or tempeh bacon. Whatever works for you.
- 2 slices of sturdy bread
- 2 slices of tomato (roma, beefsteak, etc.)
- Leafy green lettuce
- 2 to 3 slices of bacon (Morning Star is great!)
- 1/2 an avocado
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Baba ganoush
- Sriracha mayo
- Cook the bacon according to the directions on the package. You usually do not need to add any oil to the pan, even with the vegetarian bacon.
- Toast your bread. Take as much of the baba ganoush and the sriracha mayo as you’d like. Spread on one slice of bread.
- Half the avocado, scoop onto a plate, and mash with a fork. Add a pinch of salt & pepper. Spread the mashed avocado on the other slice of bread.
- Place the lettuce, tomato, bacon, and anything else you’d like!
- Slice in half, and enjoy!